logo

logo
Petit Fours: a Sydney food blog

logo

logo
Petit Fours: a Sydney food blog

logo

logo
Petit Fours: a Sydney food blog

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Twisted Noodle Bar, Chinatown


I have a poor chilli tolerance. I become a walking sponge in the presence of chilli but that's never stopped me from intaking the red stuff in buckets. I'm a little crazy. I'm also not a pretty sight; I start getting teary, my cheeks puff up and I start stiffing a lot. That being said, compared to others, I'm halfway decent. I smirk at those who can't handle the maximum hotness at Nando's. Now I know what it feels like.


Twisted noodle bar is right next door to the hugely popular n2 liquid nitrogen gelato and provides a good reason to have some icy cold ice cream afterwards. I say this because it's hot hot hot. Especially when you decide on medium spicy and start going upwards.

Xishuang Banna Noodle 10.2
The servings are large for the prices you pay for which is always good. It's not the most porkiest of broths compared to other shops and it's a little thin in flavour but there's little treasured lumps of meaty chicken mince that's enjoyable to fish around for. 


Jun-an 13.2
Speaking of fish, my fish soup in contrast had a slightly lighter soup. Sour and hot are the most dominating aspects but the fish is well cooked, the noodles were of the perfect consistency and texture and it's good to get the heart going.



Our little sides arrived as a chicken deepfried in flavoured crumbs and a chinese sausage.


Lemon Tea 3.8
Their Hong Kong flavoured ice teas arrive as the perfect match to relieve the heat. It's house made rather than bottled, are sweet and flavoured and arrive in really cool mugs.



It's very one dimensional food. You get very hot and sour depending on your preferences but don't go expecting a lot more than that. Nevertheless, it's definitely worth a visit if not you could do it to jack up your metabolism.


View Larger Map


Twisted Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment


No, we aren't the most amazing gastronomes or chefs. Heck, half our team doesn't even know how to cook... well. However, what we really love is eating. And lots of it. We enjoy that occasional freebie, filling up that craving for a midnight snack and finding a 20 in our pockets that we thought we never had, and using that as an excuse to go out eating. As we battle the ongoing war on uni student poverty, we'll bring you the most swoon worthy recounts of our latest foodie adventures.


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...